Self Help Center

The Self Help Center serves El Paso and Teller Counties. Located in Room S101 of the El Paso County Combined Courts Clerk’s Office, the street address is Judicial Building, 270 S. Tejon, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80903. The office hours are 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. The office is staffed by a full time clerks who are available to answer questions, help people with purchasing forms, and provide information on a variety of court procedures. 


If you have any questions you can e-mail us at: Self Help Center


The center sells packets of forms for Dissolution of Marriage, Modification, Wage Assignment, FEDs, Money Demands and Name Changes. Individual forms are also available for sale, as well as instructions on how to file different types of cases.


Free Information

The center provides brochures on a wide range of subjects including Divorce, Child Support, Domestic Violence, Wage Assignment, Mediation, and Victim’s Rights. Free resource information is also available on sealing records, getting legal help, parenting classes, CASA exchange programs, counseling and therapy, and pro-se clinics that provide free help for those filing for divorce and custody.


The clerk has computer software that will calculate child support under the Colorado child support guidelines. This is a free service provided on a first come first serve basis. The clerk has a "how to" booklet which will help you fill out divorce paperwork. The booklet will give you a step-by-step guide for each of the forms in the divorce process. This is a free reference service and is available only at the Self-Help Center Desk.


Legal and Community Resources to Help You Navigate the Legal System

This packet was created by the Greenbook Grant Project.  The information contained in The Guide is not legal advice and is intended only to be general information about navigating the court system.  If you need legal advice, it is always best to meet with a lawyer to get your legal questions answered.


Note: The Filing Fees link takes you to a PDF document that requires the Adobe Reader to open.  Click here if you need to download Adobe Reader.



Information and Free Forms Available in both Microsoft Word (.DOC) format and Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format:


QUESTIONS? Self Help Center



Go Back To:

Fourth Judicial District Home Page